Tuesday, October 6, 2009

An update from London

Finally blogging from London.
Sorry for the delay pals. (as if people read my blog)
I've been in London for almost 12 days and this is my first blog.

Let me share a few tales of my adventure in London with you all.

The first evening was depressing. After a 14 hours of flight, hours at airport customs and taxi ride, we arrived at the intercollegiate hall thirsty, hungry and tired. Deprived of sleep, everything seemed crappy to me. The hall was depressing. The light was dim. The room looks like an old fashioned motel. N worst, the bed is terrible. The duvet cover is rough, uncomfortable and ugly. But I survived the night.

Life was like at the bottom of oceanic trench where darkness and loneliness feeds and breeds. I was depressed. Well that's the bad part of it. However after some serious shopping and investments for a few days, I have transformed my bed into a cosy little nest. I did spent lots but hey, a bed is where u spend half of your time on it anyway. Is it worth it? You tell me.



The weather in London was lovely the first week with sunshine almost everyday. The sunny day pumps you up with lots of energy and optimism. (Maybe I can photosynthesis?) It is cool all around the day as if you were in a gigantic air-conditioned room with no boundary. But the sunny weather turns chilly as it starts to drizzle. The sun went hidden behind the gloomy looking cloud and refused to share even a little bit of her warm sun ray.

London is really a compact city with every inch of the land not spared, either with a park, buildings or roads. Everything is within walking distance literally but it still depends on how you define the term "walking distance". We walked to everywhere, following maps and occasionally got lost and ended up somewhere else. For the first few days, we need sightseeing at the British Museum, Big Ben, London Bridge, Tower Bridge, London Eye and etc. It was walking and more walking. We walked everywhere as long as our worn out feet can take us. Why? You may ask. It's simple. Everything cost a bomb. A bus ride costs 2 pounds (RM 12) and tube costs 1.8.

At London, sometimes you don't feel like eating or buying anything at all due to the fact that everything is multiplied by 6. That's why when we went to Primark, it was like heaven to us. Duvet cover 6 pounds, shirt at 4 pounds, trousers at 4 pounds also and etc. Everything was cheap and affordable.

Since I live in a catered hall, breakfast and dinner is not sth of my concern. As long as I reach the cafeteria in time even if sometimes, I have to run, I will have food nicely done for me. The food is edible with some oddity where either it's not consumable or it's heavenly good. Breakfast is the same everyday but what to complain since it's nicely done for us. However, I do miss cooking where you can cook meals that you like according to your tastebud and mood.

Life is not as hectic as rumours used to say it is. My room is quiet 24/7 so I can get rest whenever I want because it is sheltered from the main road. I'm settling down. No more jet lag, no more complains. This is a new journey filled with challenges but I'm sure I will be able to cope with it as I aspired to become a great pharmacist and a great pharmacist will not be defeated by puny problems. So to all my friends, don't worry about me and most importantly, my regards from London to all.

PS: For more photos, go to my facebook acc.

4 comments:

  1. Of course it looks nicer hehe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice room... looks kinda a bit like the UCSI room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my room is very dim but it's much bigger than ucsi one actually.. haha it is like the ucsi room but without another bed so can imagine how big it is?? haha

    ReplyDelete