Saturday, August 29, 2009

Journal of my 3 eventful days at KL

DAY 1 - 26/8 (Wed)
Slept at 2 in the morning as I was rushing to finish my application documents. That's sth I should improvise due to the fact that I always do things last minute. Met lots of roadblock along the way... Frustrated but luckily wonderful friends of mine encouraged me and I got out of the depression cloud.


Woke up early as lots have to be done (to lawyer firm for cert of good conduct, printing out documents, certify photocopies of documents and etc...) It was all a rush and before I know, I'm on a flight to KL.


It was a different flight experience as for the first time, I chat with strangers on plane which of course rescued me from the deep boredom. Thanks to Ms Chang, 25 on my right and Mike, 28 on my left. Ms Chang was a cheerful friendly lady who was the person who approaches me for a conversation immediately after she sat down. We exchanged info on where are we going and a bit of our personal details. Ms Chang is Ogawa staff while Mike is a "special agent" working on "difficult cases" of visa application. What a coincidence! as I'm on my way to KL for my visa application. Initially I wanted to take a nap but instead ended up with a interesting chat with them all throughout the flight.


Amazing how fate is. It brought 3 strangers together who chatted non-stop on flight like we have known each others for a long time but after we landed, we all departed on our own journey and until we cross path again but will we recognise each others?? Maybe not as two of us were wearing mask throughout the flight.


The flight was a bit delayed and by the time I reached Citin hotel after 1 hour bus ride and taxi ride, I was exhausted. Being alone is scary as you need to do everything by yourself with no one to follow. I almost wanted to give up along the journey but I told myself "BE STRONG, AYLWIN".


After checking into hotel, I went for a food hunt as I feel food can heal my mental wound. I went petaling street and bought muachi, fruits, drinks and roasted chestnut as desert ; KFC for dinner set and shrimp stix. By the time I reached hotel, it was raining cats and dogs. Phew...


The hotel was much smaller than expected but what do you expect? 115 per night at KL city.. That's what you will get. Living alone in an unfamiliar place is definitely scary. The hotel seems a bit horrifying with one dark opening on the ceiling which I guess is the air cond. But man, with a full of imagination mind like mine, I kept imagining white long hair figure crawling out from the hole. That's why I left all the lights on when I was sleeping, the tv on when I'm in toilet just to make myself feel safe. I was scared to max but I told myself again "BE STRONG, AYLWIN". Luckily I survived through my first night without any ghastly encounter.



DAY 2 - 27/8 (Thurs)
Lots of missions today and little time to do it. So, I woke up early at 6 sth. Took a bath and tidy up my belongings. Went down for the free buffet breakfast. Then, I took lrt to BTS station to get to UCSI. Met Mei Chi and Swee San. And most unexpectedly, 194. After receiving my result, small chat with Mr Tan, RM1400 withdrawal at CIMB and bank draft at Alliance bank, we took off on our journey again.


By UCSI shuttle, we reached BTS station, we "embark" the KLIA express to Putrajaya. After that with a bus, we arrived at JPA. The bus ride was long, more than 35 minutes as the bus route was long winding. At JPA we met with lots of familiar faces and received our financial affidavit in a short while. However, the time was ticking fast and not much time left until the sun sets. As most of them were going to Mabecs, we departed ways. I went to the bus stop to catch a bus to Foreign Affairs Ministry. After asking around, a malay aunty suggested me to take a bus straight to putra central and then another bus to Foreign Affairs. So I ran back to the others to take taxi with them.


At Foreign Affairs, I crossed path with 5 Ireland bound ladies. So once again, I had accompanies. We chatted through the whole process which took more than 3 hours.

Without lunch, I was starving but slowly hunger was no longer bothering me. After that, I tooked a bus ride to Putra Central. I met a stranger again who approached me for help. I know talking to stranger is dangerous and since childhood, we were educated not to talk to strangers. But now I know how scary it is to be at a place where you're unfamiliar and that you're alone. So I decided to help him. He's a guy in 30++ (I guess) who is a chef in Singapore and came from Ipoh. He was also going to Puduraya bus station so we had the same destination. I brought him along first KLIA transit and then LRT. Well, at least, I helped someone through his difficult time.

After a long day, it was raining cats and dogs again. I was tired and I sprained my ankle while walking down the stairs. It was painful but luckily I was still able to walk. I almost cried. But I told myself again "BE STRONG, AYLWIN". I walked back slowly. Puduraya is terrifying when you're alone. People follow you to sell you bus ticket and they will keep continue to do that, stalking you, stopping you.

DAY 3 - 28/8 (Fri)
Last day of my stay at KL. And again I survived another terrifying night. Today I will be busy with my visa application. After a shower and a breakfast, I took a taxi to wisma MCA as my leg still hurt a bit.

At wisma MCA, I met Sin Yee and her mum. Again meeting someone I know is very relieving. Then the scariest part of the day starts. I found out I mistakenly filled tier 4 student (general) instead of (sponsored) in the visa online application. Some of my friends was asked to return as they also did something wrong with their online application. I was freaking out. My flight was 640 pm and if I cant finish the application at that moment, I might miss my flight back and ended up with no place to stay. I told myself "BE CALM". Instantaneously, I ran to find a place with wifi to redo my online application. My ankle hurts but I have not much time left until my appointment. It was 11 and my appointment was 45 minutes later. Running was the only option. Luckily, really luckily, I found mcd. I bought an apple pie and started redoing my online application. And you know wat? My laptop battery is almost finished. Shit.. I have no time to look around for a socket so I just continue with my online application, praying that I will finish it in time before the battery ran out.

Next stop, a printing shop. We are required to print out our online application so I need to find a printing shop. After asking around, I located a printing shop on 2nd floor. I ran like crazy, dragging my luggage with me. Every cloud has a silver lining. Guess what I made it in time for the appointment. I ran inside and the man at the counter was calling my name. I sat down and pulled out my messy documents, piled up on the desk. The man didn't talked much and just helped to tidy up my documents. Phew... I was sweating like crazy but I had all the documents needed.

Before I knew, I finished my application in around 45 minutes. Fast? Ya really fast. An advice to all. Do make an appointment for visa application but don't do it in group. It only causes more trouble. Do book a time that you for sure you will make it or else if you are late, they will not be happy at all.

Thanks to Sin Yee and her parents who brought me to the airport. I was saved from lots of travelling. I reached the airport really early, more than 4 hours before my flight. I ate my lunch at mcd and spent my watching CSI through my laptop. Maybe it's because I checked in early, I was allocated a hot seat, 5A. Wow for the first time in my life, I need not to queue up with others. Instead we from the hot seats just queue up in a special line. I was the 4th to get into the plane. Lucky I guess.

Finally I reached Kuching. I sniffed in the fresh air and felt relieved to be finally back in my hometown. Those 3 days were scary and if I need to repeat them again, I know I can manage it. The 3 days had trained me indeed, physically and mentally to be prepared for my life in London. But I do wish that I do not have to encounter such experience again as it's really unpleasant and torturing. Thanks to all those who had helped me throughout the process. Thanks to you all I survived through the 3 difficult days and finished my visa application. Now I just need to wait for the approval. Pray hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment